On July 10-13, 2014, Savanna Gardens will be hosting a Restoration Agriculture Intensive at New Forest Farm. This four-day course will include an introduction to the major aspects of restoration agriculture, and an immersion into the functioning of a 100-acre farm 18 years into the restorative development process.
- Full immersion in the theory and practice of Restoration Agriculture
- Keyline design, earthworks, and water management
- Perennial crop establishment, maintenance, and breeding
- Integration of multi-species rotational grazing
- Renewable energy on the farm
- Restoration Agriculture economics
The course will be held at New Forest Farm – located 54 miles southwest of La Crosse, Wisconsin and 75 miles northwest of Madison.
Camping is free on the farm. There will be spots to pitch tents. A campfire pit will be provided in a central location. Composting toilets and a solar shower will be available.Participants are also welcome to stay in any of the local inns and bed and breakfasts. New Forest Farm is 25 minutes east of Viroqua, 20 minutes northwest of Richland Center, just over an hour from La Crosse and two hours from Madison.
We’ll be cooking up and preparing 2 meals a day from our very own fruits, nuts, vegetables, greens, and meats. We’ll also have snacks, coffee, and tea during the day.
Tuition costs $850 and covers:
- 2 meals/day of farm-grown real food – pastured meat, fruits, vegetables, and greens
- Access to a solar shower and composting toilets